Gifts That Make an Impact Now
Make a Difference Today for Catholic Faith Communities
If you would like to strengthen essential Catholic ministries and facilities today, consider the giving options below — many of which have financial and personal benefits to you.
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is often administered by a financial services company or a community foundation. It allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support Catholic Extension.
You can easily recommend a grant from your donor-advised fund (DAF) today. Simply click the link below to find your fund:
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift to Catholic Extension to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute and build up transformative Catholic faith communities across America.
Gifts of Securities
Transferring stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value is an excellent way to create your legacy with Catholic Extension. You may claim an immediate income tax deduction for the full, appreciated value of the securities (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in value.
Here’s how it works:
- Inform your broker in writing that you wish to give appreciated securities to Catholic Extension. View our stock transfer instructions to provide specific information your broker will need to know when transferring your securities.
- Please let us know in advance that you have initiated a transfer of securities to Catholic Extension by contacting Steve Bochenek at (312) 795-6062 or email@example.com. This will help ensure efficient transmittal and proper acknowledgment of your gift for income tax purposes.
- Instruct your broker to include your name in the delivery instructions so that we can give you the proper tax receipt and accurately identify your gift.
For electronic transfer of stock, instruct your broker to transfer your shares directly to Catholic Extension’s brokerage account using the information below:
J.P. Morgan Private Bank
10 S. Dearborn, Floor 11
Chicago, Illinois 60603
DTC Participant Number: 0902
Credit Account Number: P72500
FFC Account Name: Catholic Church Extension Society of the United States of America
Reference: [Your Name Here]
To send cash donations to Catholic Extension, instruct your broker to wire your donation to Catholic Extension account below:
J.P. Morgan Chase Bank
Account Number: 816370746
Name: Catholic Church Extension Society of the USA
Reference: [Your Name Here]
Matching Gift Opportunities
Would you like to maximize the impact of your giving and encourage other supporters to mobilize on behalf of Catholic Extension? Consider sponsoring a matching gift challenge. Donate a pool of funds to Catholic Extension, from which we will match any donation made within a given period of time. In this way, you can double the impact of your giving.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
Many supporters of Catholic Extension with an IRA find they have money saved away that they might not need. Directly transferring funds from an IRA to Catholic Extension via a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) is an effective way to reduce taxes while strengthening the Catholic Church in poor communities across the country. You simply instruct your IRA administrator to transfer the amount of your gift directly from your IRA to Catholic Extension.
Here’s how it works:
- You must be age 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year, and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $50,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Catholic Extension.
- Because your gift is a direct transfer of funds from your IRA to Catholic Extension, it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 73 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution* from your IRA.
LEARN MORE ABOUT QUALIFIED CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTIONS
If you are interested in this popular way to support Catholic Extension, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
The Impact of Your Giving
could establish your legacy.
Leaving a gift in your will to Catholic Extension can create a powerful legacy for the next generation of Catholics.
could help provide a scholarship
for a lay leader or religious sister to attend a Catholic university.
could build a church facility
like the Juan Diego Arts and Cultural Center in the Diocese of El Paso.